Animal Eradication Services
Trap and Trigger help to conserve biodiversity
Trap and Trigger – Animal Eradication Experts
The rate and increase of endangered species is frightening. Primarily ecosystem interference is due to human related impacts and the presence of non-native species are the core issue.
To conserve biodiversity in confined areas or islands inhabited by feral ungulate populations, land managers may need to implement eradication programs to protect endemic species. However, eradication projects in general tend to have a high risk of failure for a variety of reasons. Trap and Trigger has injected services into many eradication projects all successful to date.
Guideline to successful eradication
The criteria to achieve animal eradication:
- A complete and permanent removal of an entire species from a defined area by a time limited campaign
- The rate of removal should not be exceeded by rate of increase at all population densities
- The risk of animal education shall be minimised at all costs, all reproductive animals are to be at risk
- A suitable socio-political environment is needed
- The benefit cost analysis favours eradication over control.
Knock down, Eradicate then Monitor
The following techniques are commonly used in modern ungulate eradication operations.
• DNA sampling/analysis
• Thermal Infrared surveying/monitoring
• Judas collar home range analysis
• Bait stations and traps
• Ground team hunting and aerial hunting
What are Trap and Trigger’s Services
Check out our latest video!
What people say about Trap and Trigger!
I’ve hunted in New Zealand five times now and my only regret is that I hadn’t crossed paths with Jordan Munn sooner. A mate and I had an amazing chamois hunt. Great times, amazing scenery and experiences. Most of all lots of laughs and great company. Jordan is hardworking, organised and always positive. We came as clients but left as friends. I’m looking forward to great hunts and fun times ahead.
+64 27 337 6084
+64 27 717 7018
(Data and Finance Manager)
Get In Touch
Need an experienced and fully qualified hunting guide? Need some pest animals eradicated? Contact Us Now!